South Bay Communications & Security is looking to hire an experienced Cable Technician. We have been in business for over 17 years and thrive on customer service. The qualified candidate will interact on a daily basis with our customers and represent our company. We are looking for a candidate that will become a valued asset to our team and continue to grow with our company.
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of structured cabling installations required including but not limited to: copper (Cat.3, Cat.5, Cat.6, Coax, audio/video) and fiber installations.
- Terminating and testing, racks, panels, cross connects, cutovers, strut/raceway/tray/conduits, fire stopping, coring, etc.
- Experience using the tools for installation and troubleshooting telephone systems and cable systems (cable testers, toning equipment, punch-down tools, etc)
- Knowledge of designing and engineering a customer’s telecommunication needs.
- Excellent ability at multi-tasking, setting priorities and tracking issues, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand job drawings and specs.
- Ability to learn and understand the following; Telephone System installation/programming, VOIP, Video and Access systems.
- Installation of speakers, paging horns, headsets, etc.
- Administrative work to include personal time sheets, work orders, purchase orders and service requests – processed daily.
- Maintain confidentiality, safety and security standards at all times on assigned projects.
- Must be punctual and available nights & weekends, if needed.
- Must possess/supply personal hand tools.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain / maintain DCJS.
- Must be able to work on ladders and lifts.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, squat, bend and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to write, speak and communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Great computer skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and outstanding customer service experience.
Compensation / Benefits
- Benefits – Health Insurance, Retirement, Cafeteria Plan, Holiday Pay, Paid Vacation
- Competitive pay – cell phone, laptop and work vehicle.
- Weekend & overtime work available.
- Plenty of work (and pay) for a hard-worker / self-motivated person.
- We are being flexible to offer full-time or part-time positions.
For consideration, your response should include your resume with your experience and pay scale. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply